PART I – IN ABSAM PROPE OENIPONTUM (1637 – 1670)
1. Halltal Valley – The Site of Chapter 1, An Alpine symphony. The small hill in the center of the valley is Kartellerjochl, where Jakob Stainer conceived of the Violin in 1637.
2. Absam – This small villagge near Innsbruck was the home of Jakob Stainer, where the Violin was made, c. 1669.
PART II – KROMERRIZ PALACE (1670 – 1752)
3. Salzburg – Heinrich von Biber Kappelmeister at Kromeriz, plays the Violin for the Archbishop of Salzburg.
PART III – The Wandering (1758 – 1850)
5. Lipnik nad Becvou (LEEP-nyik nad BETCH-voo) – In the Moravian countryside east of Olomouc. During the Prussian siege of Olomouc, the Violin finds its way from the Catholic Church to the Jewish community and the home of Levi ben Le’ev.
6. Belidla – (BYEL-leed-luh) A suburb of Olomouc, the location of the pub & prayer room run by Levi’s descendents, east of Olomouc.
PART IV – THIS SOUGHT-FOR PEACE ( 1897 – 1942)
Jews return to Olomouc. The shadows of war.
7. Olomouc – (OL-uh-moats)The Olomouc Synagogue. Built in 1897. Burned by the Nazis in 1939.
8. Domazlice – (DOUGH-mash-leetch-yuh) The birthplace of Pavel Lustig, in eastern Bohemia
9. Pilsen – The home of the Lustig Family at time of the Nazi Occupation.
PART V – TEREZIN (1942 – 1944)
10. Prague-Bubny Train Station – The Lustig Family was Transported to Terezin Concentration Camp from Here.
11. Terezin – (TER-eh-zeen) Concentration Camp north of Prague. Collection point for Auschwitz.
PART VI – AUSCHWITZ (1944 – 1945)
12. Auschwitz-Birkenau – The Nazi Death Camp in southern Poland. Pavel was transported here in October 1942.
PART VII – PAVEL’S VIOLIN
13. Vendryne – (ven-DRIN-yuh) Small town in NW Moravia, where Pavel might have received the Violin from his brother.
13. Ostrava – The bloodiest battle of the war, where the war ended for Pavel.
14. Bruntal – A peaceful village on northern Moravia, where the Lustif Family moved after the war.
15. Praded – (PRAHD-yed) Grandfather Mountain, Above Bruntal. The location of the final chapter: A Song of Hope. (the tower is new)